Today begins an eight week strength cycle that will culminate in a Total on Saturday, December 13th. We'll concentrate on the back squat, press, and deadlift, with movements variants utilized in short, heavy metcon finishers. Enjoy!
1. Accrue 30-40 dips on paralettes, boxes, bars, or rings. (8 min)
2. With empty barbell, 3 position drills for back squat + “ten in the hole” (5 min)
3. Back squat
LIII and LII: 50-60-70-80-85% x 5. If you don't know your back squat 1RM, work your way up to the heaviest set of five you can manage today.
LI: 5-5-5. Work up to a moderately challenging weight and repeat for a total of three work sets. Make sure you record your weight! Next time you squat, you'll be adding 10lbs for your work sets.
4. Technique: the burpee pull-up (5 min)
5. "Supermassive Black Hole" 15-10-5 reps for time of Overheat squat 135/95lbs Burpee pull-ups
10 minute cut-off
LI: as prescribed
LII: heaviest OHS you can manage in good form; FS if necessary. A challenging FS is better than an overly light OHS. If you can’t do unassisted or kipping pull-ups for the burpee pull-ups, do 10 burpees, 10 pull-ups per round
6. With time remaining, mobilize. Have fun!