Coach Ari sharing some insight into the mobility, timing, and strength needed for muscle ups.
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. Warm-up E: Reverse lunges x 5/side, 10 strict toes-to-bar, single-leg Romanian deadlifts x 5/side, kick up to handstand x 5, 10 kip swings. Then two rounds of pistols x 5/side, kipping toes-to-bar x 10, contralateral dumbbell single-leg Romanian deadlifts x 5/side, 10 headstand push-ups, 10 chest-to-bar pull-ups
2. Front squat
- 5-5-5 @ 50% 1RM (10 min)
3. Run Prep
4. “Spealler’s Track Workout” Four rounds for time of:
- Run 400m
- 50 Air squats
15 minute cut-off.
LIII: as written LII: as written LI: three rounds, not for time
- 2 min/side Couch stretch
- 2 min/side Barbell Calf smash
- 2 min/side Barbell Shoulder smash
- 2 min/side Barbell Quad smash