One of the many things that we love about CrossFit is that it is about accomplishing work through functional movement. With this in mind, we always have a way to do more work! PVCF athlete Sara demonstrates a great example of getting some work done through this bottom up kettlebell hold front squat. Great job, Sara!
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. Technique review: 7 positions of the muscle snatch, 8 positions of the power and squat snatch (5 min)
Six sets to work up to your best double for the day. (20 min)
3. Warm up overhead squat and run prep. If you’re not cleared to OS, front squat. (10 min)
4. "Nancy" Five rounds for time of:
- Run 400m
- 15 Overhead squats 95/65lbs
LIII: as rx'd. 15 minute cut-off. LII: five cycles of AMRAP 3, run 400m and 15 overhead (or front) squats. If you complete 15 squats before time is up, immediately head out on next run. If not, write down how many squats you got and then go go go! Use 40% of your OHS 1RM for load. LI: three rounds not for time of run 400m and 10 OHS.
15 min cut-off.
5. Cash-out: 3-4 sets of 8/side powell raises at 3010 tempo. Have fun!