Consistency is key! Here's PVCF athlete, Jennifer Gould. She's been with us for five months and trains at least three times every week. Great work, Jennifer!
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work
1. Two rounds: 3 scapular pull-ups, 3 strict pull-ups, 3 kipping pull-ups. 3 hands-up wall squats, 3 elbows-up wall squats, 3 hands overhead wall squats. 3 down dog push-ups, 3 pike push-ups from box, 3 handstand push-ups. 3 reverse lunges/side, 3 pistols from box/side, 3 pistols/side. If the advanced element is too challenging, repeat the version you can perform correctly. (10 min)
2. Technique review: the rope climb (10 min)
3. “Udo Dirkschneider”
- Overhead squat 4-6-8-4-6-8-4-6-8
- Rope climbs 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2
- Double-unders 30-30-30-30-30-30-30-30-30
This workout is not for time, but you’ll have to hustle to get all the work done in the allotted 30 minutes.
LIII: overhead squats @ 80%, as many legless rope climbs as you can manage LII: overhead or front squats as appropriate, rope climbs as appropriate, if your double-unders are still developing, practice :45/round. LI: seven round not for time of 5 overhead squats (start light and work up to something moderately challenging), 1 rope climb, one minute double-under practice