Ayn's Summer Girls Strength and Conditioning Program is really taking off!
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work
1. Technique review: building the pistol.
2. Five minutes deliberate practice of the Single-leg Squat exercise of your choice.
Ten rounds for time of
- 5 Push press
- 10 Pistols (alternating)
- 7 Pull-ups
LIII: push press @ 155/108lbs, chest-to-bar pull-ups
LII: push press @ 115/83lbs, or as appropriate, single-leg squat as appropriate, Pull-to-object as appropriate
LI: Six rounds not for time of: 5 strict press, 10 single-leg squat as appropriate (or if you are working on the ROM and flexibility for your air squat: 10 squats), 5 ring rows.
4. Review, as a group, the mobilizations for August:
- "Super Front Rack" p. 320
- "Banded Lateral Opener" p. 334
- Calf Smash Mobilization: Option 4: "Bone Saw Calf Smash" p. 427
- Gap and Smash Mobilization: Option 2: "Lacrosse Ball Gap and Smash (outside line)" p. 416