Loren going above and beyond!
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. Technique review: building a better front rack position. Concepts: (wrists in line with elbows, external rotation of upper arm, creating torque against the bar by contracting muscles of the upper back) and mobilizations. Proper set up in the rack for maximum tension (10 min)
2. Five minutes deliberate practice: 3 positions of the front squat w/ “five in the hole”, then start adding weight to warm up for WOD. (10 min)
3. “Boogie With Stu II"
- Front squat 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3
- Strict Toes to Bar 3-6-9-3-6-9-3-6-9
- Double-unders 30-30-30, etc.
Sequence is 1 squat, 3 t2b, 30 double-unders, 2 squats, 6 t2b,30 double-unders, etc.
LIII: front squat @ 80% 1RM. LII: front squat @ 70-80%, straight leg raises or toes to ceiling w/ 3020 tempo as appropriate. If your double-unders are still developing, one minute practice each round. LI: work up to a challenging front squat triple and then do two ladders of 1-2-3. Toes-to Ceiling. If your double-unders are still developing, one minute practice each round.
This workout is not for time, but you'll have to keep moving to get it all done within 30 minutes.