Director of Smiles, Jack, keeps things light during the couch stretch! Don't forget to post your scores for those of you who participated in 16.3! Click here to submit directly.
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. Technique review: the split jerk. (10 min)
2. Five minutes deliberate practice of the split jerk.
3. Five minutes deliberate practice of the positions of the clean. (5 min)
4. Clean and Jerk 1RM:
- Take 20 minutes to work up to a 1RM C&J.
Not necessarily a PR, just the heaviest weight you can move today.
LIII: squat clean and split jerk. LII: power clean and push jerk. If you are progressing toward the full clean, push jerk + front squat. LI: will practice the muscle clean and strict press.
5. “Dharma Bummed”
- 50 Dumbbell thrusters for time
7 min. cutoff
LIII: dumbbells totaling approx. half body weight. LII: dumbbells totaling approx. 30-40% body weight LI: 3 x 10 db thrusters, weight as appropriate
3 rounds of:
- 5/leg lateral box step ups https://vimeo.com/126984011
- 1:00 plank