Here's a shot of the first heat for Murph on Memorial Day! So many more packed our gym even with the morning rain. What a great display of spirit!
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. 10 minutes of deliberate practice of Turkish get-ups. If your get-ups are up to snuff then do 5 sec.pause in each position (1-10) on the way up on each TGU. No deliberate pauses on the way down.
2. Technique Review: Rope climb
3. "The Gang of Four"
- Odd minute: 1-2 Rope Climbs
- Even minute: 12 Weighted Sit-ups
Rest 5 minutes
- Odd minute: 30 Double-unders
- Even: 20 Kettlebell swings
*large classes=half start on rope climbs/sit-ups, half start on DUs/KBS, then switch.
LIII: Legless rope climbs, 53/35 Kettlebell LII: plank climb, weighted sit-ups, russian kettlebell swings as appropriate. If you are still developing double-unders practice for :30s. LI: 1 plank climb and 12 butterfly sit-up. :30s double under practice and 12 russian kettlebell swings. Scale load as appropriate.
4. Review, as a group, the mobilizations for June:
• "Super Front Rack" p. 320 • "Banded Lateral Opener" p. 334 • Calf Smash Mobilization: Option 4: "Bone Saw Calf Smash" p. 427 • Gap and Smash Mobilization: Option 2: "Lacrosse Ball Gap and Smash (outside line)" p. 416