PVCF athlete, Candace Locke, takes a breath in between sets of dumbbell presses!
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. Three rounds: 10 ring push-ups, 10 horizontal ring rows, 10 pistol into single-leg Romanian deadlift (alternating), 10 L-sit knee extensions (10 min)
2. Warm up back squat (10 min)
3. “Get in Trouble”
- Back squat 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3
- L-sit :20-:15-:10-:20-:15-:10-:20-:15-:10
- Weighted pull-up 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3
Sequence is 1 back squat, :20 L-sit, 1 pull-up, 2 back squats, :15 L-sit, 2 pull-ups, etc.
LIII: back squat and weighted pull-up @ 85% 1RM LII: back squat @ 75-80%, weighted, strict pull-ups, piked ring rows as appropriate LI: work up to a moderately challenging back squat triple and then repeat for a total of four sets. After each set do 10 sit-ups and 10 ring rows.
This workout is not for time, but you only have 30 minutes to complete, so be efficient.
- 4x 6/side powell raises@3010 tempo
- This Sunday, July 31st, Coach Dan Flagg will be holding a free seminar for those interested in Olympic Weightlifting. Beginners welcome! Coach Dan will be focusing on the snatch as well as how to scale the snatch. Come on in at 9.00 a.m. in Northampton on Sunday if you are interested!
- Also, we are so pleased to join forces with an organization called P-Knot on August 31st at 9.00 a.m in Northampton. Their mission is aligned with ours: they seek "to provide education and resources for people to self-heal." We know you'll really learn a great deal from their team. The cost is $85 which we know may take some planning. This cost includes a P-Knot mobility tool for you to work with after the seminar. Check out their site here.