Here's PVCF athlete, Megan Grygorcewicz! Megan has been a part of our PVCF Family for over two years now!
She trains 3-5 days a week (at six a.m. too!) and is just such a role model for transformation and commitment.
Here's to you, Megan!
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. Mobility: 2 minutes per side of Banded Overhead distraction
2. Practice handstands and handstand walking for 5 minutes (5 min)
3. Review the Push Jerk and deliberate practice of the positions of the press, push press, and push jerk (5 min)
3. Overhead Complex
- Press 1-1-1-1-1
- Push press 1-1-1-1-1
- Push jerk 1-1-1-1-1
Go up in weight every set. Start each new movement with the heaviest rep of the last. If you shouldn't push jerk, work up to your heaviest push press, then take 85% of that number and do five more reps. How do you know if you should push jerk? If you don't have the shoulder flexibility to do a clean grip, partial overhead squat, don't push jerk. (20 minutes)
4. "Engine Engine" How far can you get in ten minutes with this complex?
- 1 Muscle clean
- 1 Front squat
- 1 Press
- 1 Strict toes-to-bar or knees-to-elbows
- 2 Muscle cleans
- 2 Front squats
- 2 Press
- 2 Strict toes-to-bar or knees-to-elbows
- 3 Muscle cleans
- 3 Front squats
- 3 Press
- 3 Strict toes-to-bar or knees-to-elbows
Use 50% of your heaviest push jerk or push press. Score is total reps.
Unleash your inner gymnast this Sunday at 9.00 a.m. in Northampton!
Join Coach Ari as he teaches the importance of midline stabilization. He will outline the hollow position, the kip, and how to maximize all of the body weight progressions.
Get ready for some great handstands and effortless pull-ups!