February 23 to March 27
The CrossFit Open is such a fun time of year! At PVCF, we like to celebrate at our own gym through the scaled and Rx'd WODs with the support of your own coaches and friends. Join us every Friday night in Hadley!
$40 Registration for the PVCF Friday Night Lights includes: T-shirt!! Friday Night Lights Event participation access for the five weeks of the Friday events,
and if you cannot attend on Friday night, it’s totally okay too. You can always make up the Open Workout that weekend! Post- Friday Night Lights Parties: Beverages and snacks
HERE ARE THE STEPS
(register through CrossFit and then through PVCF's Zen Planner):
1. Go to games.crossfit.com make a profile and register
2. Register under the AFFILIATE that you train at predominately If you predominately train in Hadley you register under the affiliate – Pioneer Valley CrossFit If you predominately train in Northampton you register under the affiliate – Pioneer Valley CrossFit West
3. Register for "PVCF Friday Night Lights" by clicking here
Please email: email@example.com with any questions!! Our first FNL WOD is February 24th in Hadley.
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. Two rounds: 3 scapular pull-ups, 3 strict pull-ups, 3 kipping pull-ups. 3 hands-up wall squats, 3 elbows-up wall squats, 3 hands overhead wall squats. 3 down dog push-ups, 3 pike push-ups from box, 3 handstand push-ups. 3 reverse lunges/side, 3 pistols from box/side, 3 pistols/side. If the advanced element is too challenging, repeat the version you can perform correctly. (10 min)
2. “Death by Pull-ups” With a continuously running clock, on the first minute, do one pull-up. On the second minute two pull-ups, the third three pull-ups, etc., continuing as long as you are able. When you can no longer complete all runs within the minute, you’re done.
LIII, LII, and LI: pull-up variation as appropriate. NB: this workout can be ROUGH on your hands. STOP IF YOU SEE ANY SIGN OF CALLUS TEAR. 20 minute time cap.
3. Rest 5 min
4. “Death by 10m”
With a continuously running clock, on the first minute, run 10. On the second minute run 2 x 10m, the third run 3 x 10m, etc., continuing as long as you are able. When you can no longer complete all runs within the minute, you’re done.
LIII, LII, and LI: as rx’d
If classes are large, athletes start at different “Death bys”
20 minute time cap.