Rowing Coach, Laura HC. poised and organized during her deadlift
Please arrive at 9:30am to begin your warm-ups.
1. The CrossFit Total
Level III and Level II:
- 3 attempts to establish a 1RM back squat
- 3 attempts to establish a 1RM press
- 3 attempts to establish 1RM deadlift
Your Total is the sum of your best efforts for all three lifts.
- Back squat 3-3-3-3-3
- Press 3-3-3-3-3
- Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3
The CrossFit Total is the sum of the best of three attempts at the squat, the press, and the deadlift. Anyone in a position to attempt a legitimate CrossFit Total should be familiar enough with their capabilities on the lifts to have a fairly good idea of just what might be possible for a one-rep max (1RM). This number is what you warm up intending to do. For each lift, you get three attempts to establish a 1RM.
The first attempt would be a weight you know you can do for a heavy set of three. The second attempt would be a weight you know without any doubt that you could do for a single, having just done the first attempt. And the third attempt is the weight you want to do, based on your performance on the previous two attempts.
Novices will not max out, but may work up to a best set of three.
"Totaling" takes about an hour and a half to two hours. Have fun!
2. See you Saturday Night at the PVCF Winter Ball!!
We will be decorating in Northampton Saturday afternoon if anyone would like to come on by for the fun!
- Doors open: 7.30 ($15 cash)
- Potluck: a beautiful spread made by your friends!
- Dance performance: at 8.30 our special guests will raise the roof with their talents!
- Raffle: 9.30 for some truly amazing donations
- Photo Booth: capture your PVCF Family in their fanciest threads!
- DJ: Acase bringing you straight into the magic which is the PVCF Ball