How cool is THIS? PVCF athlete, Jackie Landmark has been chosen to compete on the first Spartan show airing on NBC as Team Leader!
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. Warm-up (to be done before the total begins, arrive early):
- Easy 300-500m row
- 3 rounds of: 5/side cossack squats, 10 kip swings, 10 goblet squats, 5/side spiderman stretch, 5/side SLRDLs, 5 muscle cleans, 5 press
2. “Crossfit Total Ed.2”
Level III and Level II:
- 3 attempts to establish a 1RM Power Clean
- 3 attempts to establish a 1RM Back Squat
- 3 attempts to establish a 1RM Push Press
A Crossfit Total Ed. 2 is the sum of the best of three attempts at the power clean, the back squat and the push press. Anyone in a position to attempt a legitimate Total should be familiar enough with their capabilities on the lifts to have a fairly good idea of just what might be possible for a one-rep max (1RM). This number is what you warm up intending to do. For each lift, you get 3 attempts to establish a 1RM.
The first attempt would be a weight you know you can do for a heavy set of three. The second attempt would be a weight you know without any doubt you could do for a single, having just done the first attempt. And the third attempt is the weight you want to do, based on your performance on the previous two attempts.
LI: Ascend up to the best set of 3 for the day for the power/muscle clean, back squat and push press/press.
REMEMBER! CROSSFIT DEFENSE CLASS SUNDAY AT 9.00 a.m. IN NORTHAMPTON!!