Sarah G. and Eric H. during a very similar workout one year ago :)
Absolutely be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. Technique review: Should you overhead squat? Take the test! 3 positions of the overhead squat. If you cannot perform the OHS, use the movement hierarchy, and workout with the previous movement. NB: Athletes unable to OHS will complete 15.2 with a front squat, back squat, or dumbbell squat, respectively.
2. Five minutes deliberate practice of the 3 positions of the overhead squat, plus “five in the hole.”
3. ”2015 Reebok CrossFit Games Open WOD 15.2″
Every 3 minutes for as long as possible complete:
From 0:00-3:00, 2 rounds of:
- 10 overhead squats
- 10 pull-ups
From 3:01-6:00, 2 rounds of:
- 12 overhead squats
- 12 pull-ups
From 6:01-9:00, 2 rounds of:
- 14 overhead squats
- 14 pull-ups
Etc., following same pattern until you fail to complete both rounds
L III: OHS @ 95/65lbs, chest-to-bar pull-ups
L II: OHS @ 40% of your 1RM. If you don’t have the flexibility to overhead squat, front squat.
L I: 3 rounds not for time of 2 x 5 front squats, 10 ring rows. Rest as necessary between sets.
- 9.00 a.m.: PVCF Competition Team arrives to warm up.
- 9.30 a.m. PVCF Competition Team circles up with Coach Ayn.
- 10.00-11.00 a.m. Competition Team Heats **Please All Come To Cheer Them On!** NB: if Rx’d Athletes wish to complete 15.2 during this time, they are welcome; however, please plan on working out in the 3rd or 4th Competition Heat.
- 10.00 a.m. Open Scaled Athletes, and PVCF WOD members arrive to mobilize and cheer on our Family!
- 10.30 a.m. Warm-up, strategy, and heats assigned for 11.00 a.m. class will begin
- 11.00 a.m.-12.00 p.m. Open WOD 15.2 Heats shall cycle through until everyone is victorious!