Some of our PVCF guys showing us the upside of toes to bar!
9 minute AMRAP:
15 toes to bar
5 snatches (115/ 75 lbs)
1 Rep Max Clean and Jerk (6 minute time cap)
LIII: As Rx'd
LII: (CrossFit Open Scaled Standards):
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 9 minutes of:
15 hanging knee raises 10 deadlifts (85 / 55 lb.) 5 snatches* (85 / 55 lb.) *ground-to-overhead allowed
1-rep-max clean and jerk
6-minute time cap
LI: Three Rounds (with a 9 minute time cap) of:
10 hanging knee raises (or candlesticks)
10 KB deadlifts
4 x 5 muscle cleans
4 x 5 strict press
The CrossFit Open is an annual opportunity for the community at PVCF to connect with the larger CrossFit community. In this spirit of community, we are hosting the Open WODs each Saturday in Northampton for five weeks starting this Saturday! Olympic Weightlifting Classes shall be held in Hadley for this time period. Open Gym and On-Ramp will still be in Hadley on Saturdays.
- The Team Saturday workouts will be replaced by the CrossFit Open workouts.
- All workouts will be in Northampton only.
- All of our members are invited to attend, whether you are formally competing or not.
- We shall have areas marked off for warm-ups and spectators.
- Please help keep the floor clear and safe.
- 9.00 a.m.: PVCF Competition Team arrives to warm up.
- 9.30 a.m. PVCF Competition Team circles up with Coach Ayn.
- 10.00-11.00 a.m. Competition Team Heats **Please All Come To Cheer Them On!** NB: if Rx'd Athletes wish to complete 15.1 during this time, they are welcome; however, please plan on working out in the 3rd or 4th Competition Heat.
- 10.00 a.m. Open Scaled Athletes, and PVCF WOD members arrive to mobilize and cheer on our Family!
- 10.30 a.m. Warm-up, strategy, and heats assigned for 11.00 a.m. class will begin
- 11.00 a.m.-12.00 p.m. Open WOD 15.1 Heats shall cycle through until everyone is victorious!
Come early and stay late to work out and support your friends! The energy will be high and your experience and safety are paramount to us, so let's all join in for a great time!
DETAILS ON 15.1 (more details can also be found here)
Your score for Workout 15.1 will be the total number of repetitions completed.
As soon as the clock reaches 9 minutes and Workout 15.1 is complete, Workout 15.1a will begin with the same running clock. The athlete will have from 9:00 to 15:00 to complete Workout 15.1a.
The same barbell must be used for both 15.1 and 15.1a. The athlete must load their own barbell and may not receive assistance. Prior to each lift you must state what weight you are about to attempt. Plates smaller than 1⁄2 lb. may not be used. There is no limit to the number of attempts within the 6-minute time limit.
Your score for Workout 15.1a will be the weight (in pounds) that you successfully clean and jerk.