Katie getting her swings in!
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. 15-10-5 of muscle snatches w/ empty barbell and x 2 L-sit (i.e., 30 seconds, 20 sec, 10 sec).
2. Technique review: the overhead squat. Should you overhead squat? Takes the Hands-overhead Wall Squat Test! Three positions of the overhead squat. “Five in the hole.”
3. "St. Valentine's Petard"
- Overhead squat 4-6-8-4-6-8-4-6-8
- Rope climbs 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1
- Glute ham raise or hip extension 2-3-4-2-3-4-2-3-4
Sequence is 4 OHS, 1 rope climb, 2 GHR, 6 OHS, 1 rope climb, 3GHR, etc.
Teams of three. Rotate through stations at your own pace. Score is total poundage of overhead squats. This workout is not for time.
LIII: OHS @ 70% 1RM, legless rope climbs, GHR
LII: OHS or front squat @ 60%, standard climb, GHR or hip extension
LI: OHS or front squat, plank climb, barbell good mornings