Dan looking cool during the heat of Open Gym!
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. Technique review: 3 positions of the press, 4 positions of the push press, 5 positions of the push jerk
2. Seven minutes deliberate practice of the positions of the press, push press, and push jerk.
3. Overhead Complex
- Press 1-1-1-1-1
- Push press 1-1-1-1-1
- Push jerk 1-1-1-1-1
Go up in weight every set. Start each new movement with the heaviest rep of the last. If you shouldn't push jerk, work up to your heaviest push press, then take 85% of that number and do five more reps. How do you know if you should push jerk? If you don't have the shoulder flexibility to do a clean grip, partial overhead squat, don't push jerk. (20 minutes)
3. "Engine Engine"
How far can you get in ten minutes with this complex?
- 1 Muscle clean
- 1 Front squat
- 1 Press
- 1 Strict toes-to-bar or knees-to-elbows
- 2 Muscle cleans
- 2 Front squats
- 2 Press
- 2 Strict toes-to-bar or knees-to-elbows
- 3 Muscle cleans
- 3 Front squats
- 3 Press
- 3 Strict toes-to-bar or knees-to-elbows
Use 50% of your heaviest push jerk or push press. Score is total reps.
LIII: 135/95 #
LII: 95/65#, scale T2B as necessary
LI: 5 rounds NFT: 5 MC, 5 FS, 5 P, 5 hanging knee raises. Weight as appropriate. If you are still working on mobility for the rack position in the barbell front squat:
5 rounds NFT: 5 Goblet Squats, 5 MC, 5 P, 5 hanging knee raises.