Here's Coach Rob helping to outline the workout to one of our newest PVCF Athletes, Shmuel. In one month, Shmuel has consistently attended classes, asked questions, tried new things, and has come so far! Great work!
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. 15-10-5 of muscle snatches w/ empty barbell and x 2 L-sit (i.e., 30 seconds, 20 sec, 10 sec). (5 min)
2. Technique review: the overhead squat. Should you overhead squat? Takes the Hands-overhead Wall Squat Test! Three positions of the overhead squat. “Five in the hole.” (10 min)
3. "St. Valentine's Petard"
- Overhead squat 4-6-8-4-6-8-4-6-8
- Rope climbs 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1
- Glute ham raise or hip extension 2-3-4-2-3-4-2-3-4
Sequence is 4 OHS, 1 rope climb, 2 GHR, 6 OHS, 1 rope climb, 3GHR, etc.
LIII: OHS @ 70% 1RM, legless rope climbs, GHR LII: OHS or front squat @ 60%, standard climb, GHR or hip extension LI: OHS or front squat, plank climb, barbell good mornings