Kate's flexibility, strength, and accuracy in motion!
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. Reverse Tabata Row rest 1 min. Reverse Tabata Inchworms (add pushup if you have unassisted pushups)
2. Five minutes deliberate practice of the 5 positions of the barbell thruster (5 min)
3. “Reebok CrossFit Games Open WOD 14.5”
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps for time of:
LIII: thrusters @ 95/65lbs, burpees over the bar LII: start @ 18 reps, thrusters @ 40% 1RM, regular burpees LI: 12-9-6-3 reps not for time of thrusters (as appropriate) and burpees (as appropriate)
4.Technique review: building the pistol. Box step-up, reverse lunge, hanging leg pistol from box, elevated leg pistol from box, pistol. (10 min)
3-4 x 10/leg Pistols LIII; weighted (focus on knee tracking over the foot!) LII/I: as rxd or single-leg squat exercise of your choice.
*PVCF Open Team Cup 2016
We are pleased to announce our first annual in-house Crossfit Open team competition!
This will bring the excitement of The Open to a whole new level! The Crossfit Open begins on February 25th and ends on March 28th. It is a 5 week worldwide competition based off of the scores of 5 weekly workouts. This year we are creating two In-House PVCF teams that will go head-to-head for the right to take home the PVCF Team Cup. Team Blue’s Captain will be Coach Ryan and Team Yellow’s Captain will be Coach Ayn. Registration for the Team Cup will automatically enter you into the Draft that will be held by the team captains. Scores for each team will be based off of your Open Workout performance for either the Rxd or Scaled division. This will be an awesome 5 week PVCF community event!
Registration for the PVCF Open Team Cup includes:
- Team T-shirt
- Team Championship Trophy Engraving
- Friday Night Lights Event participation access on Feb. 26th, March 4th, March 11th, March 18th, March 25th
- Post-Friday Night Lights Parties: Beverages and snacks
- Enters your name into the Team Draft
* Your entry fee for the team cup does NOT include Registration for The Crossfit Games Open. NB: When you register with Crossfit.com you should choose the gym location that you train at over 50% of the time. You can register for the Open here.
Details to Include upon Registration:
- Registration Fee: $40
- T-shirt Size: Women’s S M L XL
- Men’s S M L XL
- Division: (this is so we can Draft the teams fairly and evenly)
Women’s RX’d (hoping to RX all 5 wods, including muscle-ups, handstand push-ups etc.) Men’s RX’d (hoping to RX all 5 wods, including muscle-ups, handstand push-ups etc.) Women’s Scaled Men’s Scaled
Everyone Can Participate! So What do I do Now?