Kayla F. just beaming after completing her first LIII WOD
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. Technique Review: 7 positions of the muscle clean and the 8 positions of the power clean.
2. Work up to max effort muscle or power clean (15 minutes)
3. Rowing Technique Drills (10 minutes)
- 250 m row (without foot straps)
- 2 x 10 pulls with 3 second "pause over" drill:
(Athletes perform 10 strokes with a three second pause in the 2 position on the return. Then 10 full strokes focusing on hitting that position in passing.)
4. "You're Married to the Sea"
Row 20 minutes for max distance.
Level III: and Level II: as rx’d.
Level I: row for 15 minutes, resting one minute between each five minute piece.
NB: If you are planning on totaling on Saturday, please consider a rest day today. Come on in and mobilize!
Score is total distance.
Saturday is PVCF all day and all night!
1. The PVCF CrossFit Total: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. (please arrive by 9.30 to warm up. Spectators, please come ready to cheer!)
- Athletes: For those of you who haven't totaled yet, the CrossFit Total is the sum of the best 3 attempts of the Back Squat, Front Press and Deadlift, the three most effective lifts in existence for developing and testing functional strength. Anyone in a position to attempt a legitimate CrossFit Total should be familiar enough with their capabilities on the lifts to have a fairly good idea of just what might be possible for a one rep max (1RM).
- Prepare your numbers/goals before Saturday: The first attempt would be a weight you know you can do for a heavy set of three. The second attempt would be a weight you know without any doubt that you could do for a single, having just done the first attempt. And the third attempt is the weight you want to do, based on your performance on the previous two attempts.
- (Novices will not max out, but may work up to a best set of three).
2. The PVCF Winter Ball: 7.30 p.m. (in Northampton $15 at the door)
- Potluck: a beautiful spread made by your friends!
- Dance performance: at 8.30 our special guests will raise the roof with their talents!
- Raffle: 9.30 for some truly amazing donations
- Photo Booth: capture your PVCF Family in their fanciest threads!
- DJ: Acase bringing you straight into the magic which is the PVCF Ball