A great day of heavy snatches all around! Here's Claire nailing 73#!
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. Warm-up B: three rounds of the parallette complex @ 5 reps plus 10 kip swings. Accrue one minute of L-sit in three 20 second efforts. If you don’t have strong push-ups, stay off the parallettes and do 10 strict push-ups per round, using assistance as required. (10 min)
2. Weighted pull-up
*find your current 1RM for the strength cycle
If you don’t have pull-ups yet, do the following:
“Ayn’s Pull-up Program (Week 1, Day A)”
3 sets of:
- 10-15 Ring Rows (constantly progressing towards being horizontal)
- 10-15 Bicep Curls (each arm)
- 10-15 Pushups (as little assistance as possible)
* The Weighted pull-ups and Ayn’s Pull-up Program are part of the upcoming strength cycle. If you are looking to improve your pull-up capacity or wanting to gain the strength for your first pull-ups, don’t miss these days and make sure to hit them hard!
(15 min) Then, if you’re not totalling tomorrow:
3. “Damage, Inc.” Four rounds for time of:
- Row 500m
- 25 Burpees
Mobilizations for March. Rest up! Tomorrow’s the big day!
Notes on Saturday's Total: Please arrive at 9.00 to begin your warm-ups. The whole process takes 1-1.5 hours and is a lot of fun--expect a lot of cheering and high-fives. This Total kicks off a new 12 week strength cycle that will focus on the front squat, weighted pull-up, deadlift, and bench press.