That moment we reach deep into ourselves and accomplish the impossible! Here's PVCF athlete, Dominic Perri sharing with us his indomitable drive!
Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work.
1. Warm-up G: four rounds w/ empty barbell of snatch push press x 3, overhead squat x 3, snatch balance x 3, tall muscle snatch x 3, snatch pull-unders x 3, 3 position snatch. (10 min) OR Deliberate practice and Technique Review: positions of the muscle, power, and squat snatch. (10 min)
Six sets to work up to your best double of the day (not touch and go) in the muscle snatch, power snatch, power snatch + OH squat, or snatch. (20 min)
3. “Amanda” 9-7-5 reps for time of:
- Squat snatches 135/95lbs.
Cut-off: 9 minutes
LIII: as prescribed LII:AMRAP in 105 seconds of muscle-ups (up to 9–if you complete 9 before time is up, move on to snatches) AMRAP in 105 seconds of snatches (up to 9–if you complete 9 before time is up, move back to muscle-ups, etc.) AMRAP in 90 seconds of muscle-ups (up to 7) AMRAP in 90 seconds of snatches (up to 7) AMRAP in 75 seconds of muscle-ups (up to 5) AMRAP in 75 seconds of snatches (up to 5) For barbell load, use your weight of your heaviest set of the complex (not to exceed 135/95lbs). Bar may be power snatched, then overhead squatted to complete the rep. If you don’t have muscle-ups but do have ring dips, sub band-assisted muscle-ups. Otherwise do dips (2:1). LI: five rounds of 5 muscle snatches and 10 dips. Focus on the 7 positions of the muscle snatch and an appropriate scale for the dips with parallettes or band-assisted on the dip station.
NB: We have several staff members away next week. After looking at our schedule, and wanting to bring you the best experience in every class we offer, we have decided to change our schedule for just one week:
- The week of March 13th, we shall not be holding the 1.30 or 7.45 p.m. classes in Hadley.
- (Blue memberships are welcome to come to the 12.00 and 6.45 p.m. classes.)
- Friday, March 17th, we shall only have the 4.15 p.m. class so that we may prepare for PVCF's FNL.
- (Blue memberships are welcome to come to the 4.15 pm. class.)