Be sure to do your ten minutes of pre-class dynamic flexibility work. 1. Banded overhead distraction 2min/side
2. Deliberate practice: Your choice of ground-to-shoulder exercise: muscle clean, power clean, power clean + front squat, clean (5 min) Your choice of shoulder-to-overhead exercise: press, push press, push jerk, split jerk. (3 min) Marry your choice of ground-to-shoulder with your shoulder-to-overhead to work your version of the clean & jerk (7 min)
3. Press 50-60-70-80-85% x 5
LI: 5-5-5. Work up to a moderately challenging weight and repeat for a total of three work sets. Make sure you record your weight! Next time you squat, you’ll be adding 10lbs for your work sets.
4. Technique review: the push jerk. Is it for you? Take the test. Five positions of the push jerk (5 min)
5. "Margaret White" Five rounds for time: Row 250m 10 Push jerks 155/108lbs
LIII: as rx’d LII: PJ load = last press set + 20-25%. If you don’t have the OH flexibility to PJ, push press.
5. With time remaining, mobilize.